- This event has passed.
Daniel Hope with Zurich Chamber Orchestra
- Aaron COPLAND:“Hoe-Down” from Rodeo
- Duke ELLINGTON:“Come Sunday” from Black, Brown, and Beige
- Florence PRICE: Adoration
- Kurt WEILL: American Song Suite
- Samuel BARBER: Adagio for Strings, Op. 11
- Aaron COPLAND:“At the River” from Old American Songs
- Phillip GLASS: Echorus
- George GERSHWIN (arr. Paul Bateman): Song Suite
Pre-concert lecture at 7pm by KUSC’s Jennifer Miller Hammel
Violin luminary Daniel Hope returns with the Zurich Chamber Orchestra to reveal the charisma of American music in a program named after his new album, America. This concert celebrates our country’s most recognizable tunes from across the 20th Century, including Copland’s iconic “Hoe-down” from Rodeo and “At the River” from Old American Songs; Gershwin’s Song Suite featuring “I Got Rhythm” and “Summertime”; Barber’s Adagio for Strings; music by Duke Ellington and Florence Price; highlights from Kurt Weill’s The Threepenny Opera; and Echorus by Philip Glass. With new classical and jazz arrangements by Paul Bateman, Hope illuminates the American spirit.